Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wow!

What a crazy week.  I can't BE-lieve my pompom flowers were featured on Apartment Therapy!!!  Like, are you kidding me?!?  This blog usually get about, oh, 5 visits a week and, let's just say there were many more this week.

So, first off, let me give some late credit to Domestifluff.  While I used Poopscape Projects tutorial to make my flowers, I'm sure I must have seen Domestifluff's flowers at some point too.  Late cred, but better than ever.
The Model and the Flower

I've been busy with other things too.  I made some homemade playdough for the boy-o's to play with.  It's nice to make your own.  If they eat it, it won't hurt them (but, mega-ewwwwwwwwwwwww).  And you can just sweep up the crumbs and throw them in the greenbox.

It's pretty easy to make.  Just use 2 flours, 2 waters and 1 salt.  So, to make a big batch, use:

2 Cups flour
2 Cups water
1 Cup salt

Throw in a few tablespoons of vegetable oil and a tablespoon of cream of tartar (for stretchy-ness).

Throw it all in a pot and stir it on warm until it pulls away from the sides.  Take it out, let it cool and then knead it 'til smooth. 

At this point I add some food colouring to some of the chunks. 

Then, I unleash the monsters and let them at it.



Oh, and I made this (slightly lame) train cake for my boys on their birthday.  Oodles of sugar, candy and icing.  Disgusting for grownups, heaven for pre-schoolers.



Currently I'm working on a triangle quilt.  I find triangles super-tricky, so I'm trying a new technique.  We'll see if it looks less wonky than my previous efforts.

Check out this inspiration from Film in the Fridge:

Awesome!


Loving this from Journey into Unschooling:



Oh Dreamy!  Oh Fransson! (click to see her great stuff).


That's all from here.  Thanks to all who visited from Apartment Therapy.  Nice to have you!

No comments:

Post a Comment